Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 18th, 2017, 10:38am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Owens River Trip March 6-10 (Read 1137 times)
lternullo
Board Member

Owens River Trip March 6-10
Mar 15th, 2014, 5:01pm

Joseph Narkovitz put together this trip to the lower Owens wild trout area for about 10 of us in the club. The weather was in the low 60s during the day down to the 30s at night. Early in the day fish were a bit lethargic, but as the sun climbed the fish got very active and when hooked put up a great fight. I didn't hear about any fish more than 14", but all the fish I saw were fat and healthy. There seemed to be a lot of 10" fish for some reason.  First timers Steve and Cody caught several fish, which is really extraordinary. They may be ruined for life.  Joseph was able to get Pat Jaegar, a local guide, to give a seminar on nymph and indicator set up, which really clarified for me in terms of "what and why".  He also brought us down to the stream for presentations in many different scenarios. At times the fish would not leave his flies alone. We were treated to an examination of what the trout were eating via the careful use of a stomach pump. Pat then set us loose and tried to spend some time fishing with each of us so we could implement what we had just learned.  I think spending a day or two on guided fishing with him would really yield significant results.  

Most nights we got to bed relatively early(10 or so), but not before we had a great meal and lots of laughs(adult beverages).  Great job Joseph! Where are we going next?

Lou T

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print