Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 8:21pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Madison River, Montana (Read 779 times)
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Madison River, Montana
Aug 15th, 2013, 6:07am

I met an old friend who retired from the SB Sheriff's about the same time as I at West Fork Cabins on the Madison River. He and his wife came down to tour Yellowstone and he asked me for a fly fishing introduction and lesson. So we spent every morning and evening for a week fishing the Madison. Not a bad piece of water for a training ground. He showed considerable patience, especially given the fact that the most consistent bite was on the nymph this week which is not the most thrilling way to fly fish as we all know. He managed to coax in several nice bows, browns and a big whitefish to hand on his first day of lesson. 12 to 14" average, nothing of bragging size but it was fun and another has been added to the flock as he is hooked, so to speak.

Spouse and I are now headed to Santa Ynez to visit the kids and grandkids for a couple of weeks before heading back home to Polson. We came down from the Madison through West Yellowstone and down to Island Park in Idaho. I've never fished Henry's Fork, but it sure does look inviting. I may have to swing down and try that next summer. I'm planning on returning to the Madison for the Salmon fly hatch next summer.

Regards. Mark (Fishstick)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print