Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 5:03pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SWCFFF Inter-club Tournament call (Read 1378 times)
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

SWCFFF Inter-club Tournament call
Sep 28th, 2011, 3:06pm

The second annual inter-club fly fishing tournament will be held on the Kern River on Nov 5th. Other activities are scheduled for the 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Last year the Santa Barbara Flyfishers had representatives as controllers. This year there has been talk of sending a team to compete as well. The time is here to commit!

Each club in the Southwest Council is eligible to send a team of 5 anglers and, hopefully as many controllers. There is even talk of some clubs sending a man's team and a women's team! One controller is assigned to each angler. Controllers from one club will be assigned to various other club's competing anglers.

Last year I was one of the organizers and judges. Lew Riffle and Mark Johnson served as controllers. This year a large turnout is expected. There are 25 clubs in the Southwest Council, if they all send a team .... you do the math!

This is fun event that will raise funds for the Southwest Council and benefit it's member clubs. Santa Barbara Flyfishers is one of those clubs.

I have not received anything "official" from the SWC. I will post a more detailed schedule when I receive it.

Friday, Nov 4th:
Guy Jeans will conduct a free "Nymphing the Kern" class. Time: ?? (call shop)
The SSFFC (Kernville Club) will hold a fundraiser poker tournament for their Kid's Academy, all welcome.

Saturday, Nov 5th:
Inter-Club Tournament - entry fee is $250.00 per 5 person team.
Awards Dinner

Sunday, Nov 6th:
Fishing and / or .....

Who wants to fish, who wants to help out as a controller? Need to get a commitment soon.  Smiley

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2011, 6:07pm by Forum Admin »  

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: SWCFFF Inter-club Tournament call
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2011, 6:30am

Bawak!   the chickens need some herding....stand by.... Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print