Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 15th, 2017, 4:00am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone want to fish with me? (Read 1498 times)
smog7

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Anyone want to fish with me?
Nov 6th, 2010, 7:39pm

As some of you may know I am a beginner fly fisher. My casting has drastically improved over the last year, but I have yet to catch a fish. I live in Santa Maria and primarily fish the santa ynez river (though I doubt if it currently holds any fish besides carp).

Would anyone be willing to fish with me? I feel as though I need to watch a veteran fly fisherman, as well as have them watch me in order to better my techniques.

IP Logged
ryan15
Ex Member

Re: Anyone want to fish with me?
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2010, 12:31pm

Hey smog,

I'm down to hit up the SY or another body of water, right now time is a little tight but let me know when your headed somewhere and maybe I'll meet you there. As far as an experienced fly fisherman, I am an ok caster and am definitely competent in the basics but I am not guaranteeing fishing with me will make you better  Wink. Oh and the SY has more than carp, if you hit it right there are lots of blue gill and bass to be caught.  

Ryan

IP Logged
smog7

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2010, 4:11pm

That's awesome Ryan. I might wait a couple of months before my next outing to the sy river, but I will be sure to send you a message before I head out. Where are you located? I am in santa maria.

IP Logged
marfly

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2010, 4:55pm

Ever been to the pond at River Park outside Lompoc ?Ive caught lots of bluegil & bass its great to practice & hone skils.Hope i didnt just spoil a secret.Ive also caught Bluegil and small mouth bass in the sy river.Im allways up to fish either also.

Email marfly   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print