Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 28th, 2014, 4:12pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Golden Trout Project for '10 (Read 1026 times)
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Golden Trout Project for '10
May 23rd, 2010, 3:53pm

Dear Golden Trout Friend/Volunteer,

Thank you for your interest in the Golden Trout Project. Due to Department of Fish & Game scheduling issues involving another species of native trout, we currently have been unable to finalize our week-long 2010 Golden Trout Project schedule, but we do have dates for the two weekend projects at Monache Meadows, they are June 25-26 and October 1-2.  

In addition, we also have a four day USFS trip to Mulkey Meadow for fence maintenance, July 6-9  (Tuesday - Friday). This is a backpacking trip and it is into one of the more spectacular areas of the Golden Trout Wilderness. We can only take six volunteers and will be taking registrations on a first come first served basis for this trip.  

You can register on-line for all of the trips at:

www.californiagoldentrout.org

Thanks for your interest in helping California’s state fish and we hope to hear from you soon!

Howard E. Kern

Volunteer Project Coordinator

California Golden Trout Restoration Project

www.californiagoldentrout.org

(805) 405-9635 Cell

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Golden Trout Project for '10
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2010, 5:48pm

Quote from Lew_Riffle on May 23rd, 2010, 3:53pm:

.... Department of Fish & Game scheduling issues involving another species of native trout, ....

Just curious Lew, what is the other species?

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Golden Trout Project for '10
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2010, 6:38am

I think Howard is being discreet but it may be possible that the Wild Trout biologists are being tapped to do some EIR work due to the hatchery suit.  Our favorite fish biologist in Kernville most likely would have the definitive word on this one would think.  I'm just a fisherman and I love frog legs....they taste just like chicken!          LEW

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print