Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 10:43am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bacara (Read 2699 times)
dan_m2

Bacara
Mar 26th, 2010, 11:45am

Fished the last two weekends at the Bacara beach.  When the conditions were right it was great, otherwise it is just an excersize in not getting knocked over.  Lots of good fish and 4 BSP breeders and 2 others that I think were redtail perch but never seen them this far south.  All fish caught on red "things" size 4 and a baby perch pattern that I like on size 2.  

I am new to the group but have been fly fishing the coast here for a loooong time with my dad.  I will post some pictures soon and hope to see some folks at the meeting on the 6th.  

Daniel

Email   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Bacara
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2010, 5:51am

Hot stuff Daniel!  Sounds like you got things working for you.  This is the time of year for sure.  You might be catching calico perch.  I think there is a picture of one on my post of a few weeks ago above. Anyhow we will see you on the 6th if not sooner on the beach.  We also have the fund raiser party on the 20th as well this month.    
                                                   Lew the president....worrying the perch

IP Logged
dan_m2

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2010, 1:40pm

Hit the beach at the Bacara today and the contour was not right.  Scratched 2 fish but no size.

Might try the outgoing tide at Goleta tomorrow.

Email   IP Logged
lingcod
Board Member

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2010, 9:47am

Daniel,

I fished Sands on Friday afternoon. Massive swell and big wind. Ended up with one nice, fat female and I got worked by the elements.

Hope to see you out there.

Do you go up toward the pier or go south at Bacarra?

Joseph

"The longer your cast the longer your line is in the water fishing". Lew Riffle
Email   IP Logged
dan_m2

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2010, 8:54am

I usually go south, have not scouted up by the pier much.  

Sunday was really odd.  I started fishing as the tide was coming down, hit goleta first.  No wave action, not much beach contour and a bit of salad.  Gave up after 30 minutes or so.

Went to the Bacara and was getting pounded hard for an hour and nothing fishy.  Oh well.  Might try afterwork this week.  Anyone try the beaches in Summerland?

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print