Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:41pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lew at "The" Secret Spot (Read 2115 times)
lingcod
Board Member

Lew at "The" Secret Spot
Mar 7th, 2010, 8:50pm

Don't tell anyone where this is!!!!!!!!!!

"The longer your cast the longer your line is in the water fishing". Lew Riffle
Email   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Lew at "The" Secret Spot
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2010, 7:52am

Bummer about the Owens Trip....our rivers are seldom managed for fish and certainly never for our emotional health!  Take solace and never set yourself up for diasappointment. Take it as it comes and Saturday morning,s  look at the tides showed an early low and the swell finally down.....no  spit and walleye perch this weekend.  A down hill coast to my home beach and low carbon foot print to boot. Of course in the excitement to get on to the beach the cellphone and cammera get left up in the truck.  Found some nice sand bottm holes with fish...nice ones...but the piss wind out the southeast kept sucking the line out of the basket resulting in a momment to recuse oneself from the frustration. Lookup, take a deep breath and what is that? Nothing more than the most beautiful water spout I ever seen...no cammera.....and watching it hook into Goleta Bay between the point and pier going F1 for sure, fully developed before it hits the corner where they are dumping the sand from West Beach and blows up. The airport tower got eyefull I'm sure!  If I had a cammera it would have been quite the image with the lighting from my back. Of course I droped everything and walked back up to the truck to hang the optioaround my neck in case it happened again.  It didn't  but several nice perch were had including this nice calico perch...the early ones....and it all is starting                                                                      
LEW

IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2010, 7:54am

Of course I don't know how to spell..forgot to spell check but you got the picture!  Sorry  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
lingcod
Board Member

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2010, 9:33pm

That's pretty cool, a calico perch. I haven't fished Goleta for awhile. I am surprised that any fish are hanging around with all the sand being dumped. Did you fish down toward the slough outlet?

I had a good weekend with Mike even though we were outed at the Owens. I caught my biggest state side trout in the Kern. Mike was laughing, I couldn't fit him in the net. I got the fish coming to me parallel to the surface and I put the net perpendicular to the surface so i could net him head first. It was the underhand racquet technique.

See you tomorrow night.

"The longer your cast the longer your line is in the water fishing". Lew Riffle
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print