Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 7:05am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big Moon...Big Fish? (Read 2406 times)
ryan15
Ex Member

Big Moon...Big Fish?
Feb 1st, 2010, 10:11am

Was sitting at home on Saturday night and it hit me that with the year's brightest moon the bass fishing in the harbor should be pretty good. I headed down around 10:30 pm and decided to walk out the breakwater but it was closed due to high surf. So I fished the harbor casting at the  bait barge. Unfortunately, I was skunked but I attribute this to the turbidity of the water being very high (because it could not be any fault of my own). It was murky enough that I could not see me hand 6 inches under the water when shining my headlamp into the water. Any word on some productive fishing close by? I am thinking of heading up to Piru Creek above the lake.

Ryan

IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Big Moon...Big Fish?
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2010, 6:07am

Hey Ryan....there is always the end of the Sandspit at lowtide.  Joseph and I did pretty well ther this past weekend...nothing special...walleye perch and the occasional barred.  Maybe they will get around to planting the river here and we will have our annual myopic focus trout pond.  
Piru above the lake is good and a good hike that can  be aided by a bike.    LEW

IP Logged
ryan15
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2010, 10:42am

Thanks Lew,

Heading to the spit was my original intention, but the breakwater was closed. I was going to risk it but the water coming over the wall was massive, so I decided against it. But thanks for the heads up. I have been watching the flows at Piru after the rain and it seems they have leveled out and I think I'm heading up soon. Maybe with the higher flows some of the big fish in the lake have headed to the creek.

Ryan

IP Logged
ryan15
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2010, 3:49pm

Creek Blew out, didn't make it to the stream.

Ryan

IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2010, 6:55am

Woof!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print