Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 8:01pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nacimiento River reg change adopted (Read 1968 times)
RooPhillip

Nacimiento River reg change adopted
Dec 19th, 2009, 6:25pm

DFG/CFGC has adopted the proposed catch-and-release regulation change for the Lower Nacimiento River.  A C&R regulation on the Naci effectively kills the fishery, since it contains no self-sustaining trout population.  

In other words, without stocking, there is nothing in the Naci to catch-and-release.  C&R means "no-stocking", no-stocking means "no catching".  

We Naci anglers feel shortchanged after dutifully participating in the regulatory process, where our concerns were mis-characterized, then tossed aside as "personal views", despite the fact that we cited data from the very study that DFG used to steal our home water.

For more, please visit  
slotrout.blogspot.com

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Nacimiento River reg change adopted
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2009, 10:24am

If the basis for the decision is the three steelhead allegedly caught by the mystery angler, I can see why you are upset.

Does the Lower Nacimiento River have any other fish that are sustained by the river? It would seem that fish could get into the river from the lake: white bass, largemouth & smallmouth bass, crappie, catfish; how about carp? I'm not trying to say everything is OK. I'm just trying to see if there is still a fishery without hatchery trout.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
RooPhillip

Re: Nacimiento River reg change adopted
Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2009, 7:43am

There are suckerfish and pikeminnow in the river.  That's about it.  We hoped that some holdover stockers would stick around, but didn't see any during the limited fishing opportunities we got this last season.  There must to be a few still in there, but probably not enough to self sustain.  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print