Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 1:11am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nacimiento River reg changes (Read 1740 times)
RooPhillip

Nacimiento River reg changes
Sep 28th, 2009, 4:34pm

Hi everybody,

The CFGC has recommended a regulation change for the Lower Nacimiento River because of a NMFS study that suggests hatchery fish are having an effect on steelhead.  I actually read the study, and found an interesting point that I believe warrants further explanation.  

If you're interested, please see my blog at http://www.slotrout.blogspot.com

I've posted a letter I sent to the Fish and Game Commission regarding this issue, prior to their upcoming meeting this Thursday.

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009, 6:25pm by RooPhillip »  
Email   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Nacimiento River reg changes
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2009, 7:14am

Tough issue here.  With a Fish and Game Commission bent on closing areas to fishing(cheap management) bad science is a fact of life.  The solution of course is planting the right kind of fish but that does not pay like the Heritage Legacy Fund.  See the big picture.   We are loosing fishing in the name of saving fish but in the end all we are doing is saving some one's job.     LEW

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2009, 6:14pm

Very interesting. It does seem rather odd that one person has caught the only evidence. With over 14,000 fish being caught it makes it very odd that one person, on two different days, catches the only three. I too would like to hear a theory on how that happens.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
RooPhillip

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2009, 10:15am

You'd think the study data would suggest that the Lower Naci IS NOT steelhead water, not the other way around...

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print