Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 8:12pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Castaic Lake Pictures (Read 2072 times)
lingcod
Board Member

Castaic Lake Pictures
Sep 14th, 2009, 1:21pm

Castaic is going off righ now. Bass and Stripers, as many as you want.

I went with Adrian and his dad. Adrian is a graduate of this years Youth Academy.  By the end of the afternoon he was making 40 ft. casts, getting hits, and landed a beautiful, fat bass.

I caught all of my fish on Jeff Peariso's flies that my Sweetie, Rita bought for me at the Fund Raiser.

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2009, 8:10pm by lingcod »  

"The longer your cast the longer your line is in the water fishing". Lew Riffle
Email   IP Logged
Surf to SY

Re: Castaic Lake Pictures
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2009, 5:53pm

Joseph that looks like a blast.
We'll have to get out there as soon as the crowds die down!

Email   IP Logged
lingcod
Board Member

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2009, 8:08pm

J,

The crowds will slow down a little now that school is in session.  If you find a day off during the week let me know.

J

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2009, 3:44pm

Hey Joseph, thanks for the Castaic report. I've heard it's been good there all summer. I just have to get up there myself.  Smiley

I have a suggestion and a question.

If you size your pictures before posting to 600 pixels wide or less it will also show the head of the fish and not put scroll bars in the post. Many peoples screens are not wide enough to see the whole post because two of your pictures are too big.

See: "How to Post Pictures"

It also seems you are trying post an additional picture that doesn't exist on photobucket?

The question is, where's all that blood coming from? Did you or the fish need stitches?  Grin

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
lingcod
Board Member

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2009, 11:39am

Joe,

I use the 640 size on Photobucket.com.  I will try the 320.

The Stripers hit the fly and swallow the whole thing.  I carefully take out the fly with forceps and sometimes the inner gills will bleed after the fly comes out.

Joseph

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:39am

I was referring to the largemouth picture, not the striper. I know how both can "inhale" a fly, I've lost a few flies on bass; very aggressive fish! It's sometimes easier to pass the fly through the gills and clip it off. Bass often expel things they grab out through their gills. How's the shirt?  Grin

You are not using the 640 size on photobucket, you are using the 1024 size on the two that are too big. You only used 640 on one picture. It's very easy to check the size before posting and those two are noticeably larger even without checking. It's all covered in the help section on "How to Post Pictures." It's much better and easier to use photo editing software to prepare your pictures before uploading to photobucket, that's also covered. You'll get much better results. Using your own web space is an alternative to using photobucket. You can prepare, retouch, etc. with photo software and upload to your own web space and they will not expire like they do on photobucket; that's also covered:

"How to Post Pictures"

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print