Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 10th, 2017, 11:32pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
float tubing (Read 3452 times)
peter805

float tubing
Aug 9th, 2009, 8:17am

hello
Anyone likes float tubig? Does anyone know about any good tubing spots aroud here?

peter

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: float tubing
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2009, 12:50pm

The Quagga closed Casitas and you have to drive a bit for freshwater float tubing. There's Castaic Lagoon, where Larry caught the new world record fly rod bass this year. I like Santa Margarita (up by San Luis Obispo.) Most everything I can think of is a long drive. A lot of people tube by the Harbor in Santa Barbara.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
peter805

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2009, 9:39pm

Quote from Forum Admin on Aug 9th, 2009, 12:50pm:
The Quagga closed Casitas and you have to drive a bit for freshwater float tubing. There's Castaic Lagoon, where Larry caught the new world record fly rod bass this year. I like Santa Margarita (up by San Luis Obispo.) Most everything I can think of is a long drive. A lot of people tube by the Harbor in Santa Barbara.

Yes, castaic lagon is good LMB and bluegill FF, also elizabeth lake and padingstone can be good at times. It sure sucks that
they closed down casitas for float tubing.
Hows Margarita for float tubing? I never been there. Is it worth the drive up there?

Peter

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2009, 5:38pm

Santa Margarita is one of my favorite float tubing lakes. Very scenic, easy access, no skiers allowed! and great bass fishing. Also good for bluegill, crappie, trout (in the winter months if they're stocking next year) and catfish.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Coach Scott

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2009, 8:13pm

Santa Margarita is in my backyard, almost literally. Cool It is a great place to tube. There are a number of no wake areas that are good fishing. I would caution you to avoid crossing open water outside of the no wake bouys, some of the bass boats fly on that lake. It keeps the park staff happy as well and we want to keep float tubing there as an option. The lake is a non contact body of water so bring your waders. Please make sure all your equipment is clean, dry and preferably treated to prevent transport of unwanted critters. If you need more inf0 just PM me.

Scott

IP Logged
jburk
Board Member
SBF Club Member

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2009, 10:12am

Try the ocean just beyond the waves and go deep for halibut off leadbetter.
JB

IP Logged
peter805

Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2009, 11:11am

Quote from Coach Scott on Aug 10th, 2009, 8:13pm:
Santa Margarita is in my backyard, almost literally. Cool It is a great place to tube. There are a number of no wake areas that are good fishing. I would caution you to avoid crossing open water outside of the no wake bouys, some of the bass boats fly on that lake. It keeps the park staff happy as well and we want to keep float tubing there as an option. The lake is a non contact body of water so bring your waders. Please make sure all your equipment is clean, dry and preferably treated to prevent transport of unwanted critters. If you need more inf0 just PM me.

Scott

thank you for the inf0. I need to make the trip up there. May make more sence for me to go for two days (over nite).
Is there a float tube inspection of some kind (mussels). I do clean my tube after every trip and dry it on the sun but every
lake has something "special" going on as for requirements.
There is a lake by san diego that they want to power wash your tube at 180F !!!!No mater how clean it is!

Peter

Email   IP Logged
peter805

Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2009, 11:19am

Quote from jburk on Aug 12th, 2009, 10:12am:
Try the ocean just beyond the waves and go deep for halibut off leadbetter.
JB

No, thank you. I just dont have the balls to float tube the ocean Smiley

Peter

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print