Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 2:32pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
charter for fishing (Read 2979 times)
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

charter for fishing
Jul 14th, 2009, 7:04am

I never was able to contact SB Sports fishing Charters. I guess they are in Alaska.

Looking at the Wave Walker, anybody ever fished with them? Any other suggestions.

This is not going to be a fly fishing trip.

Thanks

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: charter for fishing
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2009, 6:50am

Capt. Bacon is iconic in Socal.   You will enjoy a day with him...like yourself a real character.   LEW

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2009, 9:21am

Yes, Tony is guiding in Alaska this time of year. I was going to say Wave Walker does not do fly fishing but I see you already know that. The only other fly fishing guides in the salt with boats I know of are down San Diego way. Conway Bowman is great. We do have surf and bass fly fishing guides in this area.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2009, 6:21pm

Thanks. We booked the trip. Looking forward to it.

We might be interested in hiring a guide one day for the surf. Can you supply names/ Does the man who owns the shop at Santa Claus guide in the surf?

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2009, 10:46pm

Larry Kurosaki guides in the local surf. He also holds the world record for bass on a fly rod. You can book him through the fly shop on Santa Claus lane.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2009, 7:57am

Thanks. I will look into it. Have seen a few videos of people fly fishng the surf out there. Looks like people someitimes fish in conditions a little rougher than what i have fished, might be nice to have someone show us the ropes.

9ft4wt

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2009, 9:38am

The surf in the areas we fish locally is very mild. You can even launch a small craft in the surf. The area by the harbor and pier is like a lake. You would have a great time with Larry and learn a lot about fishing the local salt.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2009, 5:42am

thanks, checking into it. We have a funky schedule for fishing -- basically from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. Checking to see what time they start their guided trips and if we can adjust our schedules to meet theirs.

9ft4wt

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print