Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 12:06am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Grunion (Read 1702 times)
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Grunion
Jun 22nd, 2009, 1:10pm

I saw where there could be a grunion run the week I am going to be out there. If i remember correctly predictions of grunion runs at any particular beach are pretty spotty or maybe they have gotten better since i was a kid.

But I am thinking that grunion in the surf could lead to some pretty good fishing. Is that the case? Can you fish the surf at night?

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Grunion
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2009, 2:49pm

I don't, but as far as I know you can fish at night. The Grunion may attract larger fish into the surf zone; at night this could be a lot of sharks.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Re: Grunion
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2009, 6:55pm

Lots of sharks? leopards, guitars, or bigger  toothier, you don't want to tangle with them with an 8wt stuff/

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print