Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 10:46am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
seafood markets (Read 1927 times)
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

seafood markets
Jun 12th, 2009, 6:29am

Not sure this is the best place to post this. so you feel free to move it if necessary.

Since we won't be keeping any fish out there, can anybody name a good local seafood store. Looking for someplace that sells local and sustainable.  

I have no interest in farm raised salmon or tilapia or anything caught bottom trawling.

I have read that Pacific Halibutt is sustainable. Is that true in your area?  

Been decades since I have had abalone. Anyplace that sells farm raised in the area?

Thanks  
9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: seafood markets
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2009, 9:00am

Most of the local markets, including those in big chain stores, will carry some fresh wild fish as well as the farm raised stuff. Trader Joe's carries good quality flash frozen fish (both wild and farm raised) from all over the world as well as some fresh including wild salmon from Alaska. There is a fish market in the harbor. The local seafood, depending on season, is rock cod, local shrimp, squid, lobster, albacore, swordfish, shark, and you might find tuna and pacific yellowtail (jack family) as well. I'm sure I've left out some. I haven't had abalone myself in quite a while. There should be some local sources. I would start with the market in the harbor.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
lingcod
Board Member

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2009, 10:10am

Besides the harbor fish market there is Kanaloa Fish Market on Gutierrez ST.

"The longer your cast the longer your line is in the water fishing". Lew Riffle
Email   IP Logged
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2009, 6:05am

Thanks, we will check them out.

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print