Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:43pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hope everybody is OK (Read 2392 times)
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Hope everybody is OK
May 8th, 2009, 10:17am

How are folks fairing out there? My uncle had to evacuate his house last night. He said so far it is safe. Hope all of you are safe as well.

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Hope everybody is OK
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2009, 11:41am

I think everyone is holding their breath until this fire gets contained. Until then things could get worse. I know a lot of people, like your brother, that have had to evacuate but their home is still safe. I do know some that did loose everything, so we all hope that it's controlled soon. The fire crews and the air strikes have been amazing to watch. They are doing a tremendous job and we are all thankful for their untiring efforts.

Here's a link to the local news reports which, at times, has live streaming video from the news helicopters:

http://www.ksby.com/

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Hope everybody is OK
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2009, 8:10am

I wish I had after 1pm May 5th to do all over again...I would not have been so passive about my concerns.   This is from my house in Hope Ranch. A view of mountians I have been looking at all my life and for the life of me could not convince anyone that  I was looking at a fire,  how to get there,  and get Gordo and his helicopters up now. I wish I fish'n and not setting up for a Cinco de Mayo  party last Tuesday. I took this five minutes after my report to 911 and was waiting for a call back from SB fire agencies that I never got. It just worse after that.              LEW

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print