Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 8:10pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SY stocking (Read 1787 times)
Tylerfotophisher

SY stocking
May 5th, 2009, 9:08pm

Does anyone know what day they stock?  I was wondering, most of the people im used to finishing with are strong believers in catch and release, Do most of the people on the SY keep?  also what flies work best for the trout on the SY and what are the carp going for?  and final question is what crossing is best for bass and bluegills?

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: SY stocking
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2009, 2:01pm

There are enough people going to the SY that don't believe in C&R to fish out a stocking in a day or two!

That's why I'm thankful the DFG's policy is to not say what day they stock. If they did, there would be people following the truck and fishing out the stocked areas the same day!

A variety of nymphs, small woolly buggers and soft hackles all work; they are stockers.  Wink

Carp, now there's a challenge! Try a red San Juan worm, also small nymphs and small woolly buggers.

For bass and bluegill it's best to hike up as far as possible. They are not stocked so they can get fished out at easy to get to places.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Tylerfotophisher

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2009, 5:12pm

Yea I was casting a woolly bugger with a San juan worm about 2 feet behind it to a school of carp and they didn't even give either a second look.  anyways when ever this fire dies down or they open up the 154 im going to try a bit more up there.

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2009, 7:35pm

As far as carp, technique is as important, if not more, as the fly.

The 154 is not closed, the fire is a ways east of there. Let's hope it doesn't get any bigger.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Jeff_S

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2009, 9:46pm

Unfortunately, looks like it is currently affecting that area.  This is completely crazy what's going on.  Good news its not coming my way anymore but I feel it can change at any moment.  Very nervous.  My prayers go out to anyone in harm's way from this fire.

Jeff

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2009, 9:23am

Yes, yesterday the 154 was open and today it's closed. Things can change fast in these wildfires! I remember just how fast it can spread from the Painted Cave fire.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print