Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 5:13am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Academy fishing trip? (Read 876 times)
bill
SBF Club Member

Academy fishing trip?
May 3rd, 2009, 7:15pm

Hi all,
What flys do you think we should tie for the trip next weekend?  I would be happy to tie up some extra for the kids!  Do we have a location for the meet yet?

Thanks  
bill

IP Logged
bill
SBF Club Member

Re: Academy fishing trip?
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2009, 7:57am

Thanks Joe for the E mail.  Sounds good.  Should I tie up some flys for the kid's? I guess from the "Fresh Water " report that the flashback pheasant tail, woolly bugger both olive and purple and the alexandra fly were doing well.

I guess we will have to keep an eye on the new's about the Santa Barbara "Fire" and if it heads North. I hope the get a handle on it quick before the weekend.

bill

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Academy fishing trip?
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2009, 1:50pm

I don't feel this latest fire will be a problem for the area we are going. The smoke is a lot less today and the aerial attack has been impressive.

I sent you another email and it is appreciated that you are giving so much of your time to help in this project.  Smiley

Woolly buggers are always good, I prefer size 10 and smaller; black brow and olive. Nymphs in 14 and 16. Small matukas also good and soft hackles. Ford dry's small adams and BWO. using a royal wulff or stimulator with a dropper of say a PT, also good. Yellow Kern emerger is another good fly.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print