Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 7:59pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
exploring (Read 1551 times)
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

exploring
Dec 17th, 2008, 8:06am

Was looking at the shore line in SB with Google Earth. Images are all from Jan 07. So I figure they have limited value at this point in finding good surf fishing spots for summer

but I did see a fewer things that sparked my curiosity.  

Do they allow anglers to access the jetty around the harbor? If so does it get crowded? Is it worth fishing either from the jetty or paddling out to in a yak.

Further south Between Santa Claus and Carpenteria Beach, there is a large creek from a wetland coming into the ocean. The shore on both sides is riprapped. It looks interesting. Is it worth exploring?

If these are somebody's favorite spots and you do not want to discuss, I understand.

9ft4wt

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: exploring
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2008, 1:46pm

You can fish the harbor or walk out on the jetty. The sand spit at the end is a popular place.

The area from Santa Claus to Carpinteria can all be good. You can find easy access to most of it.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
lingcod
Board Member

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2008, 1:20pm

I concur with Joe, those are two favorite places.  The Carpenteria Slough is a fun place when you can get to it.  The wetlands area is protected so there is no fishing in there.  But up and down the beach, where the wetlands empty into the ocean is eminently fish-able.  You can only get there by foot on a minus low tide from the Carpenteria side or walking down from the north.  You have to be conscious of the rising tide because you can get stranded there.

"The longer your cast the longer your line is in the water fishing". Lew Riffle
Email   IP Logged
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2008, 6:36am

Thanks, Lingcod. That is a good thing to know.  

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print