Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 15th, 2017, 2:20am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Calfornia Sporfishing Protection Alliance (Read 1577 times)
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Calfornia Sporfishing Protection Alliance
Dec 14th, 2008, 8:22am

Just wanted to give you notice about this lawsuit that was files a few weeks ago against multiple state water agencies fro the the pumping operations that have effected the the California Delta.
This could become a big deal.  
The California Sportfishing Protection Alliance (CSPA) and California Water Impact Network(C-WIN) are the plaintiffs. The link below will allow you to get information on this issue as well as the run out on the hatchery suit as well. CSPA is a long time advocate for Delta fisheries and deserves your attention for their efforts. In the end, while hundreds of miles North of us, what they are working for  effects us as well.  
                                                               LEW

http://www.calsport.org

IP Logged
ryan15
Ex Member

Re: Calfornia Sporfishing Protection Alliance
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2008, 3:25pm

Thanks for the heads up Lew. On somewhat the same note, call me naive or whatever, but I am always reading about advocacy and conservation as it pertains to mostly non-local (not SB county) northern california waters, usually the Kern and its tribs. Is there anything more local that I can help with and/or participate in. I think the the SB flyfishers are active, but I am not a member yet, is there anything else? It is also a strong possibility that I am not looking hard enough.  

Ryan

IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Calfornia Sporfishing Protection Alliance
Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2008, 9:04am

Ryan    We are a rather diverse group when it comes to fishing venues, Alaska to Argentina. Our conservation does not necessarily just have to pertain to"local" waters.  We are connected to 10% of the people who  fly fish. The greatest power we have towards conservation is being a part of that group and responding in an informed manner.  Go down the the conservation forum here and possibly see that local issues are a part of the bigger picture. I would like to think that all club activities have a conservation angle to them. Omission has no excuse. Commission has its explanations. Join in and help with the club.  Yes do look harder..that is what makes us flyfishers.            LEW

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print