Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 10:57am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
please (Read 1757 times)
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

please
Nov 21st, 2008, 11:37am

Somebody go fishing.  

I can't and I need a fix bad.

Reading about someone else getting out, keeps the hopes up.

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: please
Reply #1 - Nov 24th, 2008, 10:31am

Sorry I couldn't help. I could use a fix myself. I'm hoping to get out after the Thanksgiving weekend, maybe back to the Colorado river.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2008, 5:50am

I must have been a good boy last week. Friend was in from Montana visiting his folks and my wife gave me a half day pass.

Hit the salt for about 4 hours last sunday. My friend got several small specks, some white perch and a throwback puppy.  I brought in a 19 inch speck and a six pound red. Was nice to get out.

My brother is out fishing Santa Claus (near Carpenteria?) right now trying to get his first ever fish on the long rod. Hope he lands something.

Hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving.  

9ft4wt

" When it comes to cults, fly fishing isn't much different than most. Simply put, this means that enough is never enough. With luck you can reach a pleasant level of mellow fanaticism... " Ed Engle
  IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2008, 9:02am

A friend of mine fished there (Santa Claus Lane) the other day and said he caught some larger perch. Hope your brother did well.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
9ft4wt

A catfish is a fish,
but a trout is a
good cigar

Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2008, 4:40pm

Hey Joe:

thanks. He got two. He said they were both small-palm-sized -- but they were his first two fish on the fly in four trips. He was pretty excited.

9ft4wt

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print