Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 12:59pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oso Flaco (Read 13982 times)
wmantooth
SBF Club Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Oso Flaco
Oct 24th, 2008, 3:08pm

I gave the beach beyond Oso Flaco Lake a shot yesterday. I rarely go there because it is usually windy and it can be crazy windy (your eye glasses are sand blasted) in the late spring and summer. But with a warm day and the wind blowing offshore I thought Id give it a try. I guess you walk about a mile the beach. Its a nice walk across a boardwalk over Oso Flaco Lake, through vegetated dunes to the ocean. I fished a 7 wt with a fast sink shooting head, a red worm on the bottom and a surfin merkin as a dropper. My first 4 barred perch (little ones) were caught on the red worm very close in. I started moving a little north on the beach, and found a deeper calmer area. I got 6 perch in the 7 to 11 inch range in about 45 min to an hr. I was parked in the lot, which they close at sunset, so I headed back with the bite still hot.  
Pictures left to right, top to bottom; boardwalk across Oso Flaco Lake, Oceano Dunes motorized vehicle boundary, looking south towards Point Sal, looking north towards Pismo/Avila, a lake in the dunes, barred perch.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print