Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 15th, 2017, 2:13am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Flyfishing Lesson 4982 (Read 1000 times)
lingcod
Board Member

Flyfishing Lesson 4982
Feb 19th, 2008, 7:58pm

Readers of tea leaves, diviners, theoreticians and other masters of the occult,  

If I remember right 4982 goes something like this: DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING A bling bling FLYFISHERMAN TELLS YOU.

4982 is a revised, and more precise, version of Lesson #1.

I stopped by Muscle Shoals tonight.  Tiny surf, low tide, clean water, big rocks and eel grass with holes behind each one, a light wind blowing................It was perfect.  Except for the fact that I did not catch one fish.

My favorite thing about fisherman is that they have endless theories about every aspect of the sport.

For the theoreticians among you: what happened to the "bizillions" of fish the blogger talked about last night?

An evening of conversation among fly fishers could go something like this: The surf was not big enough; the fish were not feeding; the sea lion out in front of the rocks kept the perch in their holes; there were no sand crabs on that beach; the water was too clear; the patterns you tried were not the right ones for the conditions; the barometric pressure is dropping because of the approaching storm; .........hummmm, I get your drift. or your riff on this one.

Consulting the "BOOK" rule 1477 comes up: JUST BECAUSE YOU CATCH FISH TODAY DOESN'T MEAN YOU WILL CATCH FISH TOMORROW.

Is that a theory, or a prediction, or wisdom?

Humbled by the FISH GODS, I hope to be throwing line again soon,

Joseph

"The longer your cast the longer your line is in the water fishing". Lew Riffle
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print