Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 8:14pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lake Cachuma Cosure Request (Read 1793 times)
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Lake Cachuma Cosure Request
Feb 13th, 2008, 6:52am

I had thought that no boat launching was going to happen before they impliment a launching ban but for now it is my understanding that there is a single lane gravel road into the new ramp for the time being. However there is a request by COMB( the operational board for the lake) to keep outside boats from being let on the lake until good solid measures can be taken to prevent Quagga Mussels from infecting lake. Serious stuff here since there is also the consideration of the river downstream and steelhead habitat really being impacted by these mussels. Fishing is once again going to suffer. Read between the lines and you will see that fishing is fast becoming politically incorrect which is not correct at all but when knees jerk we get kicked. Read the letter.

http://www.fishon.ws/CACHUMA_LAKE_COMB.pdf  
                                                                             Lew Riffle

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Lake Cachuma Cosure Request
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2008, 10:56am

Thanks for posting the link Lew. I just hope they handle the problem with more competence that the pdf they produced which is a very large file made by scanning  the letter, creating a graphic of the paper along with the top of the scanner and then turning all that into a pdf. All they had to do was save the letter as a pdf, which would have been a nice, clean, small file. It's a scary reminder of how someone can make things more difficult and less effective if they don't know what they are doing!

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Lake Cachuma Cosure Request
Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2008, 5:32pm

Well the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors have scheduled to hold hearings on the Quagga Mussel at their March 11, board meeting. I believe that the scheduled meeting will be held in Santa Maria. The board meetings alternates between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria.  

The SB Board of Supervisors is requesting Cachuma Operation and Maintenance Board (COMB) provide Testimonial evidence for restrictions on boating activities at Lake Cachuma. COMB will be putting a presentation together to present to the Board, and I believe that it will only show the devastation that the Quagga Mussel can do to the infrastructure of the lake and the water systems that provide water to SB County.  

I believe that the Board of Supervisors are somewhat uninformed to the problems and will take any recommendations that COMB provides. We must have representations from Subject Matter Experts (SME) from our perspective at the meeting. Can you get SME on our behalf together to give Testimonials at the meeting?  

COMB will also be in attendance at the March 4, for Lake Casitas.  

Attached are letters from COMB to various government officials and their replies. Mr Russ Bagerly President of the Casitas Municipal Water District was copied on the correspondence.  

Once again thanks for all that you do for us fisherman.  

Whitney (Lew is just posting this for her from the westernbass.com page)

Here's the link to COMB http://www.ccrb-comb.org/comb.htm  

If you go to their website and click on Agendas you can view the Board packet that has all the letters.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print