Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 3:23pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Western Outdoor News Press Coverage! (Read 3291 times)
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Western Outdoor News Press Coverage!
Sep 14th, 2007, 7:34am

Looks like the Schleichs pulled off some exposure for the club.  There is ole Tyler with a nice brown trout he cought earlier this summer on Upper Twin with a nice caption about how he and Johnny Manzo are graduates of the Fly Fishing Academy right on the front page of the lastest Western Outdoor News!  
At least for me there is a lot gradification and pride seeing this. It speaks for a lot for the consensus and focus of our club.   Go going guys!           LEW Riffle                        

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Western Outdoor News Press Coverage!
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2007, 9:50am

Maybe it will spark some interest for fly fishing in the readers of that publication and inspire anglers young and old to give it a try.  Smiley

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Surf to SY

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2007, 7:27pm

Anyone know how I can get ahold of that issue? I'd like to see the picture we took on a publication.
Johnny Manzo

P.S. Thanks again for the academy. It's really opened up a great new activity. Who wants to hit the beach this weekend -- I've yet to land a Corbina but did haul in an 18 inch Thornback Ray after Mr. Baerman's talk.

Email   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2007, 8:44pm

Well Johnny, since that issue is off the newsstands you might try calling them and see if you can get a back issue. Try this number:

800 290-2929

You are very welcome! The purpose of the Academy and the efforts of all the members are rewarded by your appreciation, enthusiam and success!

There are many fly fishers that have not yet landed a Corbina. I'm sure you will succeed, keep trying! Corbina are a real challenging species!

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print