Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 18th, 2017, 10:36am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Far North Idaho (Read 1387 times)
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Far North Idaho
Aug 26th, 2007, 7:21am

Just returned from a little road trip to the North Idaho Panhandle. We flew into Boise and drove the 55 up through Cascade on the Payette, then up to McCall and picked up the 93 North. Went up through Sandpoint and Bonners Ferry. From there headed East on the 2 and dropped down into Polson Montana on Flathead lake. Headed down the line into the Bitteroot area through Hamilton and Darby (beautiful area, I stopped into a local fly shop in Darby and learned that the movie "A River Runs through it" was filmed there. I can see why. We proceed back down the line through Salmon and back into the Idaho farmland and sagebrush.

This was a fast run with the family just to see the country so I didn't get any real fishing in (with the exception of a small lake in the mountains of Montana). I do plan on making this run again in the future for a three week flyfishing dedicated run.  

I'd like to say it's good to be home, but after seeing that country.........well!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Far North Idaho
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2007, 10:09pm

Sounds nice! I'm hoping to get up to Lowell, Idaho the last week in September. Did You pass through that area? It's by the Locksa, Selway and Clearwater Rivers.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Re: Far North Idaho
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2007, 9:28am

We skirted Lowell to the West on 95 through Grangeville (Long on miles, short on time). If memory serves, that area is off the 13 heading east through the Nez Perce National Park. Let me know how it was when you get back. I'll add that to my "country I need to see" list.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print