Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 12th, 2017, 12:14am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Backpacking (Read 1663 times)
Converted

I fish therefore I
lie.........

Backpacking
May 19th, 2007, 1:20am

Does anyone here backpack?  I'm trying to purchase some backpacking equipment to hit some of the more out of the way places but don't have a clue what's useful and what's a waste of money.  I have a backpack, tent and sleeping bag and am looking for advice / suggestions as to what else I need to buy.  I know I'll need a good pair of hiking boots, but I'm looking for inf0 on stoves, lighting equipment, bear bags, mess kits and the like.  Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated, well, at least by me, the wife probably feels  differently about it.   Wink Wink

Converted

Mend, mend, mend
Email   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Re: Backpacking
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2007, 8:36am

Sorry. I packed in quite a bit years ago when I lived in Alaska. Now days, finding a satilite signal on my RV is the toughest part of setting up camp for me. I hiked into a small alpine lake in the Sanora area last year (Waterhouse). Going in was easy, hiking out darn near killed me..... Grin

IP Logged
jburk
Board Member
SBF Club Member

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2007, 2:02pm

Are you in our club?  Where do you live?  I could loan you a few things to try out before you buy.  The stuff is older but in good shape.
John

IP Logged
Converted

I fish therefore I
lie.........

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2007, 6:42pm

Thanks John.  I sent you a pm.

Converted

Mend, mend, mend
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1