Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 10th, 2017, 11:41pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mystery Creek (Read 2783 times)
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Mystery Creek
Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:07pm

Can anybody shed light on where "Lion Canyon Creek" actually is and how do you access it? DFG site indicates Santa Barbara County, but I've not heard of it and can't find any of my friends who have.

IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Mystery Creek
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2007, 6:38am

There are two locally one up on the Figueroa Mt.  drainage and the other down in the Sespe
off 33 in back of Ojai.  Stop in the the Los Preitos Ranger Staion and they should be able to direct to them and even masybe sell you a nifty LP map.   LEW

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2007, 10:56am

I'm sure your talking about the one up by Figueroa Mt. It's a real tiny creek but the DFG stocks it. I think it's near Cachuma Saddle Station on Happy Canyon Road.

Did you get up to the Santa Ynez?

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2007, 1:40pm

Quote from Forum Admin on Mar 5th, 2007, 10:56am:
I'm sure your talking about the one up by Figueroa Mt. It's a real tiny creek but the DFG stocks it. I think it's near Cachuma Saddle Station on Happy Canyon Road.

Did you get up to the Santa Ynez?

That's the one. I stopped by the ranger station and they shot me the directions. Didn't make it up on the 10th or 11th. Was recovering from a couple of heavy days at work. This upcoming weekend looks good, but it will be an early morning run as if the weather stays as hot as it has been, one would expect the rock chuckers & swimmers to hit SY in droves. I'll report back on Monday.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print