Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 5:16am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any recent fishing at Santa Ynez River? (Read 3682 times)
smog7

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Any recent fishing at Santa Ynez River?
Sep 9th, 2006, 10:52am

I havent been able to go for a couple of months to the river and i was just wondering if anyone has been down their lately or if their are actually any fish still their?...

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Any recent fishing at Santa Ynez River?
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2006, 8:04am

There are always fish in the river, just no trout stocking except in the late winter / spring. If you hike away from the crowds you can find some smallmouth and blugill. There is also carp which can be a blast on a fly rod.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
smog7

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2006, 5:23pm

just wondering if anyone had done any recent fishing....

IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2006, 12:00pm

Probably a bit late in posting as it is Saturday the 16th. I had a free day last weekend and the choice was S.Y. for some scouting/fishing or off Santa Barbara for the huge Bonito......  As the wind was up and I wasn't really in the mood to chum fish over the rail, I packed the rod and hit the river. Water level is still pretty decent for this time of year; however, warm. I hammered several blue-gill on the olive WB. I found a great spot near the first crossing where the scrappy little buggers were all over me when some lady with two horses decided to take a swim in the river not 30 yards from where I was fishing. That shut it down. I had the same choice today; however opted for the Boneheads off the coast. Wouldn't you know it.....yesterdays wind turned the blue water green with a current upswelling and completely shut down the bite. We only boated 5 bonito with the largest a little better than ten pounds...Opps....no fly fish so I guess I'd better not continue..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print