Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:44pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big fish, little boat (Read 1548 times)
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Big fish, little boat
Jul 16th, 2006, 8:41pm

Went out this evening in my kickboat on the Kern River.  

This was the result:

This was one solid, strong trout! After two screaming runs it leaped about 4 feet and looked me straight in the eye.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Re: Big fish, little boat
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2006, 1:46pm

As usual, nice fish. I've been kicking around the idea of buying a toon. I've had my eye on the new Skykomish Sunrise by Scadden; however, the price tag is a bit of a shocker and I'm not really sure how much use I would actually get out of that casting deck and rail, which is the primary reason for the high price.

Any toon recommendations for mostly local waters and the Kern? I can't really tell by the picture what you are sitting on there.....I'm up and moving to Idaho in a few months, so I'm gonna need one anyway. I'm looking for a river rated toon, stable and dependable. (single seater).

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Big fish, little boat
Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2006, 7:16am

If you think that one was nice you should have seen the biggest one from yesterday. I was out by myself and couldn't get a picture. It was so large I couldn't fit it into the net I have, which is not that small. I estimate it was over 12 lbs. It made several long runs upriver in strong current. If it had decided to head down river I would never have seen it.

The kickboat I'm in is like this one:

http://www.waterstrider.com/

so it's in the higher end also. I like this one for use in rivers because it handles whitewater with ease and can carry a lot of gear for multiple day trips. I also use it on lakes but I also have a pontoon.

Not sure what features your looking for but I recently saw a pontoon I really liked. It had: double chambered pontoons, motor mount, anhor system and it was whitewater rated. It was an Outcast model that was $599. I'll send you some inf0 on it later, check your messages.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print