Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 15th, 2017, 8:00am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Santa Ynez (Read 1404 times)
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Santa Ynez
Jun 19th, 2006, 10:00am

My kids and I braved the heat yesterday and walked the river doing some bug research. While collecting nymphs etc, I did see several areas where the spawning sunfish are on the beds. We strayed a bit close to one nest before we saw it and were attacked by a scrappy little fish. He actually attacked us. He bit my leg and scared the heck out of my daughter who was practically running on top of the water trying to get away.

Water level has dropped considerably within the past couple of weeks and the temp is warming. Me thinks that the trout season is over for the summer months on the SY.

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Santa Ynez
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2006, 2:44pm

What, no Santa Margarita?

Must of been quite a sight, your daughter barely escaping from jaws!

I think your right about the end of trout season, the DFG won't be stocking again 'til next year.

You should try the Kern, DFG stocked big trout, up to 8 lbs., last week. Check these out:

It's still running high and hard to fish but as soon as it comes down, Ill be there.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Re: Santa Ynez
Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2006, 5:33pm

Oh sure!!!!! Tempt me with pics like that. Awesome. Too busy right now to get out of town. Yesterday was a spur of the moment, spend the day with the kids (fathers day) surprise. Perhaps next week on Margarita, just so much going on right now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print