Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 10:48am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IGFA Record Bass..... (Read 2621 times)
Hawaiianhillbilly

"If it
swims......cast a
fly at it!"

IGFA Record Bass.....
Jun 16th, 2006, 3:54pm

I contacted IGFA and if they approve it, my 12.96 lb. Santa Margarita largemouth on 10# tippet would be the New World Record for the 12# Tippet class! It also would be a Calif.State record for that tippet class.  I guess  the tippet class goes from 8# then the next class up is 12#........I have 90 days from the date I caught the fish to submit the application. How "kewl" would that be?????    .......Hawaiianhillbilly

IP Logged
Hawaiianhillbilly

"If it
swims......cast a
fly at it!"

Re: IGFA Record Bass.....
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2006, 3:37pm

Aloha gang, sorry waz gone so long.......couldnt remember my password.  

Turns out the password was right, the log on name was wrong.......good thing I'm not a rocket scientist!  

Anyway, back in September the IGFA approved my World Record application for the largest Largemouth bass caught in the 12# Tippet Class (9-12# tippet)

Soon as my Taxidermist (Bret Bratcher) in Buelton finishes my custom mount I'll try to post a picture of it!

If any of you know Bret......help me put the pressure on him to "get'r done!"

The IGFA World Record Certificate they sent is absolutely beautiful, it comes complete with Silver Embossed Gamefishes, and Official Seal.

"See you at the waters edge".....Hawaiianhillbilly

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2006, 9:39pm by Hawaiianhillbilly »  
  IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2006, 7:31am

Congrats Hawaiianhillbilly  Smiley

I never did get up to Santa Margarita this year for the bass. I imagine the bass have slowed down now. How is the lake doing for rainbow?

« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:18pm by Forum Admin »  

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Hawaiianhillbilly

"If it
swims......cast a
fly at it!"

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2006, 12:08am

Aloha, I havent fished Santa Margarita Lake for weeks so I dont know whats going on there. Past experience tells me this time of year trout would be the best bet.

We fished surfperch this weekend at Morro Strand State beach (between Morro bay and Cayucos) my brother and I caught over two dozen(barred).  

One fish I caught today (Sunday) is my largest ever at 16" its amazing how those surfperch can pull and head-shake!  

We plan to fish the surf for the next 10 weeks.......Hawaiianhillbilly

IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2006, 9:24pm

Bret doing a skin mount or reproduction on that fish?  

I was planning a trip to margarita this weekend to check on the trout situation; however, I don't think the ole' weather is going to cooperate.

IP Logged
Hawaiianhillbilly

"If it
swims......cast a
fly at it!"

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2007, 10:24pm

Bret, did an AWESOME skin mount. (the kids in the 2007 Fly Fishing Academy can attest to) But He does the best replicas I've seen.  

I was checking out a Brown trout replica he did when I picked up my bass, and the detail he puts into each mount is incredible.  I want that trout.....so whoever owns it better pick it up soon!

Definately check out "Bratchers Fishmounts" if theres any fish you'd like to have a replica made of,  he's in Buelton just off Hwy 101.

As far as Santa Margarita goes coupl'a weeks back(May2007) we were finding largemouth bass in shallow water everywhere.

I was surprized to see so many large trout patrolling the shoreline. My brother got broke off "at the strike" with last one he hooked! (he was fishing a natural colored beadhead hares ear nymph)

We released many bass to 6lbs. most were 15-20" in length. Sighted a few to eight pounds(estimate)

Large rabbit strip streamers resembling baitfish(3-6"), or crawfish(2-3") with weighted eyes, sporting mono-guards on a 8-weight outfit was my main arsenal.

I saw large crappie spawning in front of the marina on beds.

I'm gearing up for the post spawn top-water bite. I'll be creating some unique poppers and sliders out of moldable foam, and some out of balsa wood.  

My brother has a head start creating his own topwater creatures so I've got some catching up to do.

Tight-lines to all.........let me know when the Halibut move in!

....................Hawaiianhillbilly

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print