Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 5:17pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SY 06/03 (Read 1736 times)
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

SY 06/03
Jun 3rd, 2006, 5:49pm

A fair caddis hatch and rising fish at Sage hill and the first crossing. Still pretty tuff fishing. The fish seemed to be sipping the spinners only. The rock chuckers and swimmers arrived early and shut things down quick. Far to hot this morning to go long range exploring. Still a fair morning away from the house and work.

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: SY 06/03
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2006, 9:38am

Good to hear there are still some planters left; it will be a long time 'til the next plant.

Never could understand why people have to throw rocks in the water, especially right where you are fishing. Perhaps the rocks symbolize the material their brains are made of.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2006, 5:43pm

Ahhhh Summertime. I fear the river season is nearing the final chapter till next spring. Time to switch tactics and target another species.  I heard a rumor that the crappie are on the bite on Lopez and I've never tried them with the fly rod. One would expect that they won't be pickey and I might actually have a use for the classic royal coachman decorating my fly box. Sunday sounds like a good day to give it a shot. I'll post upon my return.

P.S. Anybody know if they permit float tubes on Santa Margarita???

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2006, 7:45pm

Yes, float tubes and kickboats are permitted on Santa Margarita. No body contact, you must wear waders. The best part, no jet skies or water skiers!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

It's a great lake for fishing but it can get hot this time of year. Great bass fishing, big crappie in the spring and good trout fishing in the winter. The lake has an abundance of small bluegill so you'll never be board if you take some light tackle along. I use 1 to 3 wt for them and have a blast. The olive wooly bugger is about the best all around fly, small sizes (12) for the bluegill.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print