Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 2:41pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fishing at Cachuma (Read 1400 times)
Jeff_S

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Fishing at Cachuma
May 22nd, 2006, 11:02am

After spending the last two fridays fishing the Santa Ynez with limited success, I was considering something different this friday.  Maybe Cachuma.  I was going to bring a bass set up and flies and also Trout gear.  Has anyway had any success for bass and/or trout on the lake flyfishing?  I figured the bass and trout would be fairly deep with the increased temps but maybe shallow or surface feeding in the AM, is that true?  What's a good spot to get to some shallower feeding fish?  Also, the inlet from Santa Cruz Creek, do regs allow for fishing up the creek from the lake, I'm assuming there is still so good flow in the creek?

Thanks

Jeff

Email   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Re: Fishing at Cachuma
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2006, 1:59pm

This time of the year the bass should be working shallow most of the morning and evening. I've not been to the lake in a few weeks, so I'm not sure about the spawn activity. I've had good luck with the Cachuma bass on the flyrod using clousers in both chart/white and black/white. All of my lake fishing has been from a boat, so I'm not sure about good areas for shore access. The river should pick-up this week with the plant. I'm planning on hitting the river Thursday morning, if nothing else breaks loose and screws up my plans.

IP Logged
Jeff_S

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Fishing at Cachuma
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2006, 10:22am

Thanks, I'm hitting the water on Friday AM, hopefully a few more fish than the last few Fridays.

Jeff

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print