Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 3:52am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SY 5/10 (Read 2148 times)
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

SY 5/10
May 10th, 2006, 6:08pm

I played hooky from work today and spent several hours on the river. Started at the ranger station and had zero luck. Headed up to the second crossing and found a light hatch and active fish. Threw some BWO's #18 and they ignored it. (So much for three hours on the tying table this week). Switched to a quigley #16 dry and caught/released five. The wind picked up and blew out the surface bite. Tossed a few nymphs with no further luck. I headed back down to the first crossing and found some shelter from the wind. I caught/released three more and called it a day. Seems to be a fair amount of fish that escaped the gear guys still hanging around. Good day.....very warm in the afternoon. I've got to get some breathable waders. My neoprenes were great in the early morning, turned into a microwave in the afternoon.

C-ya on the river......fishstick.

IP Logged
Jeff_S

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: SY 5/10
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2006, 9:45am

Not bad for local waters, I was going up this morning but called into work so I'm going tommorow.  What can you tell me about getting an Adventure Pass for the day.  I'd like to get it up there and would hit the river probably 8:15.  Do they sell them up there and starting at what time?  Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Email   IP Logged
BW

Reply #2 - May 11th, 2006, 10:55am

My first time up, I went up to the first crossing and parked at 6am when there was no attendant. I got a $5 dollar "ticket" that was voided when I went to the booth at 10am and bought the adventure pass. Daily is $5, and for the season is something around $30.

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #3 - May 11th, 2006, 10:56am

You can get one at the ranger station which you will pass by on the way to the first crossing. There is also a booth at the first crossing that is sometimes manned and sells them. I believe there is also a place to buy one at the day use area in the way in.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Reply #4 - May 11th, 2006, 2:35pm

The campgrounds, ranger station and first crossing sell the pass. You won't find any of them open prior to about 0800hrs. When I'm on the water prior to that time, and I usually am,  I just place a note on my dashboard indicating that I will purchase a pass when they open. Never been cited yet........but you never know.

IP Logged
Jeff_S

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - May 12th, 2006, 11:49am

Thanks you guys.  I went this morning about 9-11.  C & R one 10 inch fish qtr mile or so from the first crossing.  In some real shallow pocket water with a yellow humpy.  Lots of very large carp(?), many of them leaping out of the water in a very large deep pool just down from the first crossing.  I know these fish are caught on occassion but they wanted nothing I threw at them.  What is a good carp pattern or is it just luck?  Those fish would have put up a good fight!

Next time I'll try up above the second crossing.

Jeff

Email   IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2006, 6:35pm

I've been lucky enough to score one carp on the SY. Rust color WB. One heck of a fight which I detaild on an earlier posting. (Battle on the SY).

I heading back up on Sunday morning for a few hours. I'll post upon my return.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print