Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 9:40am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fly Tying Kits for Academy Students (Read 1168 times)
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Fly Tying Kits for Academy Students
Apr 23rd, 2006, 5:36pm

For those students who expressed an interest in pursuing fly tying I will be happy to assist you in obtaining the necessary tools and materials to get you started. Contact me for details on purchasing a kit that will contain:

fly tying vice
bobbin
scissors
hackle pliers
half hitch tool / bodkin
thread
head cement
100 hooks
assorted tying materials
instruction book

In addition one of my clients C R Birds, a producer of high quality tying hackle, will donate some of his surplus inventory. This will allow me to add high quality extra materials to the kits. I will also contact other suppliers for possible additional donations.

This will be not be junk tools as found in many packaged kits and will be obtained with the best discount I can arrange. I am guessing the amount to be about $45.00. I will be able to give you an exact price when you contact me. This offer is for Fly Fishing Academy students only.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Fly Tying Kits for Academy Students
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2006, 8:09am

Attention Academy Students:

If you were a participant in this years or last years Academy and want to purchase a fly tying kit and the new fly tying book for beginners by Randal Kaufmann, a highly regarded author of fly tying books, that contains quality tools and all the materials to tie all the flies in the book I have arranged for you to purchase the kits at a very generous discount thanks to the nice people at Umpqua Feather Merchants, a name well known in the industry as a leading supplier of high quality flies and materials including Metz hackle and Tiemco hooks.  

I will soon contact you by e-mail or phone with details. These kits contain sharp tools, hooks with barbs and cement with solvents; your parents must make this purchase.

Also included will be some extra pheasant tail feathers left over from our fundraiser and and extra hen hackle donated by C R Birds

If you do not here from me in the next few days, please contact me by using the e-mail or IM links on the left of this post. I would like to get the order placed soon as several students have already placed their order and are anxious to receive their kits.

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2006, 3:53pm by Forum Admin »  

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print