Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:39pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Santa Ynez 04/22 (Read 1960 times)
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Santa Ynez 04/22
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:23am

Spent the morning on the SY. Gate above the first crossing is closed due to a slide. Worked the first crossing early then moved to the ranger station. Saw fish cruising the flats; however, no luck for me today. I just couldn't seem to get into a good cycle. Met a nice gentleman nymphing who told me that he had picked up a couple. Lots of gear guys working both areas. There is always next week. I'm contimplating working the surf at Gaviota next weekend if the weather holds. Tight lines....C-ya on the water.....Fishstick.

IP Logged
BW

Re: Santa Ynez 04/22
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2006, 7:43am

I was at SY first crossing Sunday morning, my first time out on  that river. Absolutely beautiful. Pulled in three trout on a two fly rig (bead head emerger below a caddis pattern) but had quite a few strikes that I lost. The trout liked both patterns. A few guys were very productive spinning salmon eggs. I tied on a salmon egg imitation and had one take. Is there a hatch chart for the SY out there? I searched for one online with no luck. -BW

IP Logged
Fishstick
Silver Member

Sit long, talk much

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2006, 2:57pm

Was that you working the flat to the left of the road crossing, along the grassline? If so, I watched you pull a couple. I was considering asking you what you were using, but you appeared to be very intent and I generally don't disturb or invade anybody concentrating on a run like that. I've not located a hatch chart for the SY as of yet.

IP Logged
BW

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2006, 6:56am

I was there on the 23rd. They are stocking this week, so I might be out there again this weekend.

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2006, 9:10am

Good point Fishstick, as far as I know no one has ever compiled a hatch chart for the Santa Ynez or any local fishery.

If you and other posters can send me notice of any hatch observation, I will compile a chart and post it on the web site. You can send any information you have by posting, e-mail or the forum's message system.

Thanks

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print