Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 1:00pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
24th Salmonid Restoration Conference (Read 2274 times)
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

24th Salmonid Restoration Conference
Jan 4th, 2006, 5:41am

The 2th Annual Restoration Confernce will be held here in Santa Barbara in February starting on Wednesday the 22nd and going on for four days finishing up on Saturday the 25th.  It will be centered out of the Ventrans's center on Cabrillo Blvd. at West beach. There are a lot of workshops and sessions going on dealing most aspects of Steelhead and Salmon recovery. The Salmonid Restoration Federation will be charging a $50.00 fee per workshop/tour and a $80 to 160.00 fee for the Conference Friday and Saturday. Go to www.calsalmon.org for more information.  LEW Riffle

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: 24th Salmonid Restoration Conference
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2006, 8:12am

Lew, a question:

What value can the average fly fisherman get from attending this conference? In other words, is it worth it?  ???

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: 24th Salmonid Restoration Conference
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2006, 6:39am

Joe,   Heaven forbid that that here is any implication or guilt trip connected to having to go to this conference to be a better flyfisher. There is nothing in it for them except maybe some understanding why they have places to fish. Everybody decide for themselves. I can not say what I think or what I think is the best part of this conference..got to be politically correct and all. Beleive me the politicains are going to use this as a forum and it is going to get some press. That's there boggle and hopefully can stay away from it.  Just like fishing you got to figure out the best water to fish and not waste your time on frog water.  
Do you pay for the guide or try it on your own?  LEW

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print