Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 11:03pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fished the Kern last week (Read 1889 times)
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Fished the Kern last week
Dec 20th, 2005, 4:12pm

They had lowered the flow for a day on the lower Kern so I fished there and caught some nice fish. The only one that I could get a picture of was the smallest but, as you can see it was a nice fish.

The larger fish are football shaped from eating all the shad that have come out of the lake through the dam. Here's a picture of one that Dave, a guide at Kern River Fly Fishing caught:

Soft hackles, Kern emergers and black wooly buggers are working best.

Anyway, if anyone is interested I will put together a trip with a stay at a very nice rental cottage on Lake Isabella.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Lew_Riffle
Board Member

Re: Fished the Kern last week
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2005, 4:52am

So Joe how do we post pictures like you did?  LEW

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Fished the Kern last week
Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2005, 6:49am

To post pictures:

1.) Reduce your pictures using photo/graphics software to a size suitable for the web. At 72 ppi try to keep the pictures under 500 pixels wide. In addition, compress them to reduce their file size. Try to keep them under 50K in file size. The smaller the file's size the faster the load time. This is real important for viewers with dialup.  

2.) Upload the picture(s) to your own personal web site like the one you get free with Internet service. Contact your ISP for information. You can also use one of the free photo hosting sites, like photobucket.com, to upload your pictures to.  

3.) Once you have done that just copy the URL of your photo and place it in your post with the code as instructed in the "Help" link from the menu at the top of this page under "posting", or just follow these easy steps:

Your picture will appear where you have placed the code

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print