Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 7:13am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
camping near kernville (Read 1191 times)
mgrinsel

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

camping near kernville
Dec 3rd, 2005, 6:30pm

I'm thinking about heading up to fish the Kern for the first time next weekend.  Any suggestions of places to car camp?

Also, I just moved to Carpinteria, CA from Minnesota.  This will be my first fishing since I got out here.  Any suggestions for my first experience on the Kern?

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: camping near kernville
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2005, 8:09am

Glad to see your making it up there. Be sure to stop in at the fly shop, Kern River Troutfitters. They are a new advertiser for the Club's newsletter. I already have some merchandise for the raffles. They have generously contributed to the fund raiser the last two years.

I was up there last week and will be there again in mid Dec. The fishing has been great.

Just go to the links page on the Kern River Fly Fishing Site and click on "Campground Search." In the "Step 2" search box put Kern. You will find current information and campground maps for the area.

http://www.kernriverflyfishing.com/links.htm

The one across from the fly shop is convenient to the town's amenities but much more expensive and I don't think it's open this time of year, except for Whisky Flat in February.

I also posted a similar post on the Kern River Fly Fishing forum.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print