Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 15th, 2017, 4:02am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new to the area - looking for advice (Read 1241 times)
mgrinsel

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

new to the area - looking for advice
Oct 24th, 2005, 7:49pm

I just moved to the area from Minnesota.  I used to do a lot of trout fishing in Western Wisconsin.  I need to get back out onto the water soon.  Any advice on where to try that is relatively close?  I've heard the Sespe is OK.  

Also, is there a decent fly shop anywhere in the area?

IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: new to the area - looking for advice
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2005, 8:44am

Hi mgrinsel,

I posted a reply on the Kern River Fly Fishing forum.

Glad you found this site.  

There is going to be a River Cleanup in November (12th I think, will soon be on the calendar page) on the Santa Ynez. There will be food and we will be sure to get some fishing in. This time of year it will be mainly for smallmouth and panfish but will be a good opportunity to get familiar with the river for trout fishing later in the year. Besides, nothing wrong with smallmouth or panfish!

So come down to the meeting (Nov. 8th) and get all the details. You can sign up for the cleanup there if you want. You can also get a lot of information on local water both fresh and salt plus see a good presentation on fly tying and fishing the Madison in Montana.

It would also be nice chatting with you about Wisconsin waters that I used to fish. I am also planning to get up to the Kern in about two or three weeks if your interested.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print