Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 12th, 2017, 9:54am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bluewater Moves Out 18 miles (Read 742 times)
bajafly
Silver Member

Bluewater Moves Out 18 miles
Nov 6th, 2004, 8:45am

ZIHUATANEJO, MAINLAND MEXICO  

IN GENERAL:  The 82º blue water has moved out this week and slowed the offshore fishing considerably. Yesterday (Fri.), fishing with Martin on the panga “Isamar,” Andrew Veit and his wife from Denver and I found the blue water at 18 miles. At 21 miles, we only raised two fish all day, but I got one to come to the boat. It was Andrew's first time for sailfish on the fly, and even though he had to make two tries for the sail, he was able to get a hookup. The sailfish did a few spectacular leaps, and was on for almost two minutes before it threw the hook for a long release.  
Talking to Captain Margarito on the radio through the course of the day, he picked up two sails at the 18 miles mark and very late in the day, another two at 26 miles. He told me the 26 mile area was holding a tremendous amount of fish, but he had to head back before he had a chance to fish it well. His fish were taken on conventional gear, but I am heading directly to the 26 mile mark today with Baja on the Fly fly-fishing client Jimmy Evans and Captain Chiquis on the “Intrza.”  
 The great roosterfish action and inshore for jack crevalle and sierras is still holding up.
Water Temperature 80-83  
Air Temperature 77-89  
Humidity 89%  
Wind WSW 4 mph
Conditions: Scattered Clouds  
Visibility 10 miles  
Sunrise 6:46 a.m. CST  
Sunset 6:11 p.m. CST  

Nov. 12, New; Nov. 18, First Quarter; Nov. 26, Full; Dec. 4, Last Quarter.

Baja on the Fly's Zihuatanejo report by Ed Kunze  

SAN JOSE, GUATEMALA  

The weather has been great, but the anglers have all but disappeared!  Maybe now that the U.S. election is behind us, our fishing friends will “come on down.”  There was very little activity this past week with only two boats going out.  They reported slower action than the previous week, but were still able to get double digit action.  The dorado and roosters are still around, and in 3 hours of inshore fishing one little girl managed a rooster that was about her size (40-pounds).  All of the conditions continue to improve each week and reservations are still available for the 2004/05 campaign.

Water Temperature 78-82  
Air Temperature 80-86  
Humidity 100 %  
Wind NE 17 mph
Conditions:  Scattered Clouds
Visibility 7 miles  
Sunrise 5:59 a.m. CST  
Sunset 5:33 p.m. CST
Nov. 12, New; Nov. 18, First Quarter; Nov. 26, Full; Dec. 4, Last Quarter.

San Jose, Guatemala report by Brian Barragy and Lissa McFarland  

Email WWW bajafly   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print