Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:43pm
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Plenty of Fish...No Clients Zihuat or Guatemala (Read 846 times)
bajafly
Silver Member

Plenty of Fish...No Clients Zihuat or Guatemala
Sep 12th, 2004, 3:19am

ZIHUATANEJO, MAINLAND MEXICO

IN GENERAL:  The 80º blue water still remains very close, and the fishing remains decent, but there are virtually no fishermen here charting any boats. I do not think we have over two or three charters a day going out.  

The few boats that do go however are averaging two to three sailfish a day. The inshore action is still holding up with excellent roosterfish and jack crevalle action.  

I was at the municipal pier yesterday, talking to a bunch of the captains who were just standing around and hoping for a someone to contact them for a charter. With so few people fishing, I needed more information for my fish report. Santiago, on the panga “Gitana,” was giving directions to an American couple where to get their tickets for the panga taxi ride to Las Gatas Beach. He then turned to me and said, "Well, I guess you are not the only American in town, but they're not fishing." I didn't get any more information either.

Water Temperature 80-84
Air Temperature 79-87
Humidity 62%
Wind 7 mph from the WSW
Conditions: Mostly Cloudy 8000 ft
Visibility 10 miles
Sunrise 7:33 a.m. CDT
Sunset 7:51 p.m. CDT
Sep. 14, New; Sept. 21, First Quarter; Sep 28, Full; Oct. 6, Last Quarter.

Baja on the Fly's Zihuatanejo report by Ed Kunze

SAN JOSE, GUATEMALA

Another couple of weeks and all the scraping, painting, repairing politely referred to as “annual maintenance” should be wrapped up. Then it will be time to do the hokey pokey with all the sailfish that continue to filter into the area. The locals have had it to themselves long enough! Put out the teasers and let’s rock.

Water Temperature 75-84
Air Temperature 80-84
Humidity 79 %
Wind 12 mph from the SE
Conditions:  Thunderstorms  
Visibility 7 miles
Sunrise 5:51 a.m. CST
Sunset 6:12 p.m. CST
Sep. 14, New; Sept. 21, First Quarter; Sep 28, Full; Oct. 6, Last Quarter.

Email WWW bajafly   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print