Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 6:50am
Home Help Search Login Register
[ TIDE TABLES ]  ***  [ STOCKING REPORTS ]  ***  [ BUY FISHING LICENSE ]

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hmm..  pretty quiet board...   (Read 2151 times)
sbsyncro

Learning more every
day!

Hmm..  pretty quiet board...  
Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:35am

Just wondering if anyone even monitors these boards for traffic.   Wink

I just returned from a trip to Vail, CO where I enjoyed a 1/2 day guided flyfishing outing.  It was my first time with a fly rod in my hands in about 20 years, and I have now decided to jump back into the sport!

I'm looking for tips on gear to get outfitted (anyone selling their "starter" setup?) as well as ideas about opportunities for local fishing (do you have to go all the way to the Sierras for decent fly fishing?

I'll try to attend the next meeting!

sbsyncro   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Re: Hmm..  pretty quiet board...  
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2004, 2:11pm

Welcome sbsyncro. Yes, it is pretty quiet. The SB Flyfishers members haven't gotten used to having it yet. It's about time you picked up a flyrod again!

There is some good local fly fishing salt and fresh water. Be sure to come down to the meeting this Tuesday. You will meet a lot of people that can tell you about it. I have some gear that I am going to be selling, I'll tell you about it then.

For trout fishing this time of year there is another place that is closer to here than the east side of the Sierras. That is the Kern River. Check out Guy Jean's site and BBS for inf0 on that:

http://www.kernriverflyfishing.com

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
sbsyncro

Learning more every
day!

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2004, 8:38am

Cool - thanks for the reply.   I know what it feels like to set up a playground then have no one show up.   Wink

I hope to come on Tuesday, and I have already printed off the membership form.   By the way, my name is Brent - I forgot to sign that post.  embarrassed

sbsyncro   IP Logged
Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Board Administrator

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2004, 1:44pm

Yeah, the playground has not been overcrowded. But I set up tthe one at Guy Jean's Kern River Fly Fishing and that one is doing well, lots of good information and enthusiasm. Hope to see you at the meeting tonight Brent. My name's Joe. The speaker is Milton Love, who I'm told puts on quite a presentation! Should be fun. I usually try to get there early.  The meeting starts at 7:30 but people start showing up at 6:30.

Joe M
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print